Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Home for the holidays

This weekend we finally got around to disassembling our behemoth of a Christmas tree. If you saw the effort it took to get the thing back in the box you probably would have called the Christmas Tree authorities on me for abuse of an evergreen.  Since it was our first Christmas in the new house I went a little overboard with the faux greenery. On the railings, in the hallways, in the kitchen, dining room... everywhere. We're one year away from being those people with a tree in every room. I'm ok with it if you are.

I thought I would post some photos of our holiday decorations today to help make up for sad nakedness that is our living room now.
After Thanksgiving I put up our old tree. It was 6 foot tall and most of the lights do not work. When I plugged it in I died a little on the inside. I didn't want to spend the money on a taller tree... but after what I'm pretty sure is my closest brush with a craigslist kidnapper, I decided splurging was best for my safety.
We got a decent (I don't really know... I don't shop for large fake trees frequently) deal on a 7.5 foot spruce-ish looking tree.
James was even able to add his touch to our decor! I imagine little woodland creatures decorate their trees... deep in the secrecy of the forest... in a similar fashion. He also got a deer target for Christmas. Here it is "under the tree" where it sat, posed for the mail lady and everyone to see, for a week or so. Finally, after scaring everyone in (and out) of the house daily, she made her way to the basement. Seriously. You just cannot adjust to coming down your stairs every morning and seeing a deer in the living room.
Our old tree was able to find a home at the top of the stairs in a perfect little window nook. Which also looks empty and sad now, without it.






Even the fish got in the spirit! I already have big plans for next year... "Theme Trees"... it's happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!