Friday, May 17, 2013

Get with it!

Some of you may have been wondering where I have been the past two weeks or so (well... the 8 of you who seem to have been checking my blog on a regular basis in that time - Thank you). To sum it up simply: I have gone from 0 to 60 again.

The Monday after Derby I started a new job. I also moved into James' house for good that day. Since, I have been inundated with work around the house - mostly unpacking and finding new places for all of my shit - but also some other special projects. We are remodeling the master bathroom. It was supposed to take a week or two. We're on week two now... and no signs of a finished bathroom in the near future. Isn't that how home remodeling is supposed to work though?

We finally decided on a vanity we both could live with, a tub and shower surround, a light fixture and hardware, and new tile. You know how we are with decisions... so this alone took most of one week.

This is the bathroom I came home to. Scary, right? I know. 
Sweet Jesus. There is drywall dust covering every square inch of the house and it will NOT got away.
I also decided this week that I would like a pond in the backyard. I have always liked little water features and this one would serve two purposes: aesthetics as well as giving Marty and Rita a more realistic home for the warmer months.
I put the pond in an existing landscape bed that was lined with creek rock.  Clearly, you can see it hadn't been used in quite some time. 
I literally decided to dig a pond on Wednesday. Went to Home Depot after work, picked out a preformed liner, and started digging. I dug until dark. When I got home from work Thursday I started digging again. I dropped the liner in the ground, shoveled some backfill around the edges, and lined it with rocks.

A two-day project is my kind of project. I found an outlet that was run to this area underground, too, but just need to figure out where the other end of it is so I can plug in a little water fall, which I haven't installed yet, and plunk my little turts down in it and it is all finished! I think they will love it. It already has ledges for them to sit on and if they do manage to climb out of the pond, the wood board fence will surely stop them, as they are wider than the slats.

So... you see... what with waking up every morning around 6:30, unpacking a little more, going to work, getting home and unpacking, shopping, organizing, cleaning, and digging until midnight each night, I haven't had much time to post updates! I apologize... but please know, there are some serious awesome posts in your future. I am talking about: 2013 Rodeo Recap, Horse Racing in a Hurricane, Chuting some Cows, and some bee updates (and maybe even a guest post about catching a swarm)!

Get excited. Do it. Seriously. Do your excited dance right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!