Thursday, March 21, 2013

NCAA Apologies in Advance

Well, it has come down to the interim period in which James has an empty house and I am slowly migrating my belongings to his domicile. Little by little his house is gaining a personality and he will soon, again, have more furniture than a couch, a tv, and a fish tank.

So, while we were walking through the house, discussing where everything will go and what changes will be happening we stopped to take out the garbage.

James pulled the garbage can out to the curb and I waited for him by the door, sweeping off the porch and tidying around the entryway. As I was messing with the stray leaves and stems, I noticed his big U of L flag had fallen out of it's holder and onto the ground next to the front porch. I bent over the pull it up and shake it off.

As I bent and reached for the flag's pole I hear a guttural scream of, "NO!" coming from James at the street. I stopped. Immediately. Frozen. I stared down at the crumpled flag and stray leaves, waiting for the inevitable strike of the rabid rattlesnake that was surely nesting underneath.

I apologize in advance if anything happens to our team during the tourney.
I accept all blame.
James sprinted from the street to the porch, panting, and explained, "Don't... touch... the flag. It fell down a few weeks ago... and we haven't lost a game since..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!